Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial weekend

We went to Mesa this weekend to visit Mike's parents. Drove out Thursday night & arrived in the wee hours of Friday morning. Nothing too noteworthy - played games, swam, napped, lazed about, ate too much good food that I didn't have to clean up after -- lather, rinse, repeat for 4 days.

Thomas, Mike's mom & I did go see Prince Caspian. Good movie - more violent than The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe. Eddie Izzard is hilarious as a brave little mouse. And it cracked me up how they did this little love interest thing with Susan & Prince Caspian. I never read the books (take away my nerd club membership card), so I have no idea if that is in the book or some Hollywood baloney.

Mike & I went out for a 'date' (he hates it when I call it that) Sunday evening. We saw the Indiana Jones movie. Not bad. I wouldn't run right out to see it, but it'll make a good one to rent. Mike's so funny - on the way home he said "Harrison Ford must cost a lot these days; there were no other big name actors in it." Hello?!?! Cate Blanchett? I also had to tell him that the Marion character was the same lady from the original movie. Nerd.

I got sunburned pretty bad on my back last Tuesday. Forgot to have the other mom slather it up when she arrived for our swimming play date. Duh. I've been paying for my stupidity since. Peeling, flaking & otherwise itching like the dickens today. Beyond the whole forgetting to apply fiasco - my new sunscreen is working out rather nicely.
Seriously, though, 85???? Yes, 85. I have no melanin & I'm really tired of getting burnt every Friday at the park. So 85 it is. Highly recommended if you are similarly melanin challenged.


Had a couple of really bad dreams while we were gone. The kind of dreams that continue to freak you out when you wake up. Dream 1: Thomas had died and I was in the morgue of the hospital, signing in to see his body. Creepy bad, huh? There are more details, but really, I think that is adequate to let you know just how creepy bad the dream was. Dream 2: a good friend of mine had given her 4 children (though she only has 2 in real life) to foster care because they couldn't afford to feed them. Conclusion: All I can figure is I'm having some serious parental anxiety. I wouldn't have said I was. But, apparently, my subconscious begs to differ.


And because that's too much of a downer to leave a post on . . . I'm baking cookies this morning to take to our neighbors. They were kind enough to pick up the UPS delivery off our porch so it wouldn't sit out all weekend while we were gone. Very kind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, that's a bad dream, dude. Was the friend you dreamt about anyone I know?

85, who knew. Thanks, making a note.