Tuesday, May 20, 2008

SO excited!

Cue the Pointer Sister's music. At the end of June Thomas and I will be going to Georgia for 12 days!!! Holla! It's all official and everything. Thanks to a generous donation of skymiles, tickets were purchased last night.

Our children's minister there invited us to come so I can help with the kids' day camp that week. So. Much. Fun. Seriously. Do you remember vacation bible school -- making crafts with popsicle sticks, dixie cups and baby food jars?? Singing Father Abraham & maaaaybe playing something fun - if your rec leaders were cool?? This event is sooooo not that. So much so that we refuse to call it VBS. We do great games on stage - remember Double Dare on Nickelodeon back in the day? We work hard to come as close to that as we can get. Including SLIME. We rock out with truly great music. We see a drama that brings the message closer to home for the kids (and me). The kids have a total blast, and so do I. I think they may even actually learn a thing or two. I know I do. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really think the acronym VBS sounds sexually transmitted. So I'm glad you don't call it that, VERY unseemly. I'm very excited that you are coming back, even though I won't see ya. I'm just excited for YOU. And I just can't hide it.

Misslisslee said...

Given that I spent part of the past week in a skating rink, I think the Pointer Sisters are very appropriate. I hope you have a wonderful trip -- say hello to everyone for me!