Wednesday, May 14, 2008

daredevils


Yes, that is my husband and son waaay up there. I know you can hardly tell. That's because I was far away. You know, with all the sane people.
We went camping this past weekend up in Moab. We went to Dead Horse Point state park. My, what an uplifting name. It was actually really beautiful. I'm sure it's blasphemous to say this . . . but maybe even more beautiful than the Grand Canyon. There's a great view of the Green River cutting through, winding it's way through, carving the canyon walls. It was just neat to be able to see the river, doing it's work. We also went to Arches national park & Canyonlands national park. Much hiking and I know we didn't even scratch the surface of all there is to see there.
One of the cooler things we did was driving down some side road that goes through a bunch of BLM (Bureau of Land Management) land. There is one area with really high, straight cliff walls and there were a bunch of people rock climbing there. Just cool to see people doing stuff I am utterly incapable of.
Camping was good. The nights were cool but not intolerable. I still wish we had been able to have a fire, though. I don't have any idea if it's local ordinance or just this particular campground's peculiar policy, but no wood fires. Marshmallows don't really roast very well over the dregs of the coals from cooking dinner. Just sayin'.

No comments: