Tuesday, February 3, 2009

super slacker


I am such a slacker. Between my addiction to facebook and having computer problems, I haven't blogged since December. SLACK-ER! Mike changed out the motherboard in this machine, though, and so far so good. *crosses fingers*

We've been good, though. Mike's parents came here for a Christmas visit. (I think that's the last I posted.) We went to Indiana for a Christmas visit. I went to this guy's New Year's Eve party in Greenwood. Had a good time with friends from high school and *bonus* saw Subway Jared there, too! There are photos & I was going to share one. Not on the hard drive, though and I can't locate the CD right now. Hmmmmm.

My grandmother passed away in January and I went home for the funeral. It wasn't unexpected and she was in a lot of pain at the end, so it was really a relief. I wasn't sure, because of the timing (a few weeks after our Christmas trip and only 1 week before a scope trip) if I'd get to make it. Things worked out with airfare, Mike being able to take care of Thomas and work from home one day. And I'm glad they did. Closure and all that, you know.

Thomas was supposed to be scoped in January. But while I was gone for my grandmother's funeral, he ended up with croup and a trip to the emergency room. We did manage to avoid steroids at that time, but because of his history with post-op complications and a narrow airway, it was decided it was best to postpone. So now we're playing the rescheduling game with Cincinnati again. So much fun.

Japanese culture day put on by my friend at A Spot to Reminisce and Discourse


Thomas and his friend Optimus Prime doing Japan-related crafts


Schoolwise things are going well. We're back in the groove and cruising along. Thomas is about to finish up his astronomy text, so we're moving on to chemistry soon. Placed the order yesterday and am hoping it will arrive pretty quickly.

We've been spending time getting to know Mike's boss's family lately. They're a really great family who moved here from Spartanburg. Went to their house for the superbowl. They were all dressed in Steeler's gear, including the dog, lol! Too cute!




We've finally gotten Thomas started in Cub Scouts. We didn't want to join a pack run by one of the wards here and had trouble getting the info from the community pack. Finally ran into the right person, at our church, no less! Thomas is pretty into it and spends a lot of time with his wolf handbook thinking about all the cool stuff he's going to get to do.

2 comments:

Elaine VanDRiver said...

Welcome back slacker! Glad to see all is well, and jealous you made a trip back to the land of Hoosiers! I'm headed there in May!

Misslisslee said...

Wow, he looks like Mike in that picture. I need to send you one of my Wolf - still has the ridiculously huge 'I'm up to something that you haven't figured out yet' grin!