Friday, December 19, 2008

fa la la la la la la la la la

Is that even the right number of "la"s?? I kind of got lost there.



We started our christmas celebrations in earnest last night. We went to the live nativity at Tuacahn. Nice, but man was it frigid!



Mike's parents will be here in a few hours. We'll have our big dinner and play games tonight. On the menu:

standing rib roast with homemade horseradish stuff and pinot noir sage jus
Pioneer Woman's hot crash potatoes
Pioneer Woman's whiskey glazed carrots - We had them at Thanksgiving and they were da bomb!
green beans
bread from the machine
gingerbread cake and fresh whipped cream
chocolate pie for Mike because he doesn't do gingerbread


Then the jolly dude in the red suit will come. We'll open presents in the morning and eat cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing.


Happy Christmas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Droool. . . .
Sounds super complicated and super yummy!!!

Seanna said...

Oh WOW. Yummmmm! I hope you had fun!

Hey, thanks for the suggestions on my blog! We really are not going on a road trip after Christmas--the children were getting suspicious so I had to resort to a little bit of misdirection, but hey, I can always use the suggestions for when we DO go on a road trip, right?

We are actually going here: www.stanleyhotel.com on Wednesday morning and then a couple of days after that, we check out and go here: http://www.lakegranby.com/unit1/gallery.htm for four days.

OMG! I just want to run screaming into the living room and tell them what's happening. But, I can't. It's a surprise!! We are waking them up at 4:00 a.m. on Christmas Eve morning, having them open the presents under the tree, and then taking off around 5:30 a.m. to the airport. I'm ready--I even have my planefear pills!

Merry Christmas, Tishie girl! It sounds like you are having so much fun!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love gingerbread cake! With a little whipped cream and a couple sliced bananas. Mmmmm. Zac doesn't go for it either. Men.