Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm sleeping with my kid's Cubmaster

Remember this?

So yesterday around 5:30, as Thomas and I were about to leave the house so we could run a few errands before den meeting, I got a call from the Cubmaster/Committee Chair asking if he and the Unit Commander (or somesuch official scouty-type-title -- I don't know all the lingo) could come over *that night* to talk about volunteering. Um, sure. Thanks for the advance notice. So, instead of running errands before den meeting, Thomas and I picked up the living room & I loaded the dishwasher.

So he said they'd be over around 8:00. And got there around 8:45. And stayed until 10:00. And he brought his 2 boys with him -- which meant that mine got *all kinds of wound up*. Apparently we don't have company often enough because Thomas gets all kinds of fired up about anyone coming over. The Committee Chair's boys are in the 10-12 year range. One is in Webelos and one is in Boy Scouts. So believe me, they were not nearly as thrilled as the 7 year-old was.

Anyway, Mike is now somewhat-officially the Cubmaster. He needs to have the background check and then it's official. Oh no, I hope they don't find out about the incident! Seriously, anyone who know my husband should be cracking up over that. Mike SO walks the straight and narrow.

So now Mike has to plan his first pack meeting. Did I mention that he's only been to one and it was the banquet? Yeah. So it's not like we really know what typically goes down at a pack meeting. This should be GOOD, people.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol Uh-oh you guys are growing roots. I'm a bit speechless. Word on the street was no cubmaster gig. :) They'll be organized in no time!

Tish said...

All I can say is:
1) Mike's a sucker.
2) They've been given fair warnign that we may move with little notice.
3) You know who will end up doing most of this planning, right?

Anonymous said...

;o) Love it!

Misslisslee said...

So,
Help and run the whole thing are pretty much synonomous if you know anything about Scouting to begin with. Annnnd . . . they spotted Mike from a mile away. And you know why I know this! ;-) So glad to see you guys are doing okay!