Friday, July 18, 2008

the wanderers

Seriously, enough with the travel already. I lent 2 of our carry-on suitcases to a friend yesterday. I joked with her about the condition (not-so gently used) and said "Obviously, our luggage gets used." Her response: "Yeah, I wondered when you said you'd lend them to me if that meant you'd be home for the whole week." Touche.



Last week Thomas and I were in Phoenix, visiting family. Kerri, Jesse and Miriam were there visiting from San Francisco. Miriam was born 2 1/2 months ago and we hadn't gotten to meet her yet. She's so precious. Fussy, but precious. I don't think Thomas was quite that fussy as an infant. Or maybe memory kind of blurs things around the edges, making it all seem less harsh in the end. You know, so people will continue to reproduce.



The Divine Miss M doesn't care much for sleeping on her own so she spends most of her days being coaxed into sleeping and then zonked out on someone's chest. I think Kerri & Jesse might be officially run ragged at this point.

I'd love to post a sweet photo of Thomas holding Miriam or somesuch. Unfortunately *this* is about as close as he ever got to her. Stinker.

Thomas and I celebrated our birthdays while we were in Phoenix. Thomas is now 7, though sometimes he acts like he's going on 37. He had cake, opened a few presents (including the above Star Wars t-shirt - thanks Aunt Kerri & Uncle Jesse!) and got to go spend some birthday money at the Lego store. I think he had a great time. I ended up resisting getting him anything else and just let him know we'd be going to Legoland sometime relatively soon for his birthday. Yeah, more traveling!!

No comments: