Thursday, July 31, 2008

less than stellar day

Yuck. I hate car problems. Today Thomas and I were out running errands and the car started acting funky. The car had been repaired of its pervious funkiness less than a month ago so I thought we'd be in the clear for awhile. Wrong. Today the a/c went out, followed by the ABS light and the airbag light coming on. Something was definitely up so I started heading toward home instead of toward our errands. Then the car wouldn't move out of 1st gear. Crap. I sort of coasted into the parking lot of a motel. Of course these things happen when Mike is out of town for the day and when I left my cell phone at home on the charger. Awesome. The motel manager was, um, less than accomodating. He got irritated when I tried calling Mike several times because I got sent straight to voicemail. I asked for a phonebook so I could call a cab. No dice. But he did have this handy-dandy business card for a cab. I'm sure this guy's uncle/brother/friend/whoever owns the taxi company. $11.50 later Thomas and I were at home with a phone we could use freely and a phone book. Got a ride to Mike's truck (Thanks, Joey!) which was parked at the local airport and got the car towed to the repair shop. Good times indeed.