Thursday, August 7, 2008

stuff Christians like

So, I've been reading this blog stuff Christians like and it's been making me think. The writing is funny, sometimes irreverent, sometimes serious and always unblinkingly honest. He's exposing so many foibles in what we've made of Christian culture. Read it. Read all the old posts. Do not miss his post Booty,God,Booty.

One of the things I've been thinking about is how totally conflicted we are. Caught in a tempest of what we want to do, what we know we ought to do and what we end up doing anyway. We do the things we hate and hope no one notices.(Or maybe I should only talk about myself??) So flawed and often so caught up in trying to not show our flaws. Others see it. No matter how we try to hide it. We end up looking hypocritical. Why not let the world see that we are messed up? And then let them see what grace really is.

No comments: