Friday, August 29, 2008

a few words about campsite etiquette

1) Please disarm the car alarm. I can pretty much guarantee you that when it does go off, it's going to be one of your kids or your buddies who forgot you locked the car, not a punk doing a smash and grab. I'm also pretty certain that when it goes off in the middle of the night, you are going to roll over, try to find your keys and hit the button from your cozy bed. But not before you've woken up half the people in the campgrounds.

2) Dude, I know we're all inspired by the olympics. But can you please quit trying to shave time off your bathroom run record and *walk around* my campsite instead of tramping through it. I'm pretty sure the next bathroom run world championships are a ways off anyway.

3) To the couple camped next to us in Yellowstone: next time can you wait until we go to bed? Please? It was really uncomfortable trying to hold a conversation with my husband 5 feet from where you were very obviously gettin' bizzay. I understand. Really. The smell of pine is a known aphrodisiac - that's why they use it for car air fresheners. Or maybe next time you can put your dang tent up just a few feet further from our fire ring? Or use a muzzle? Thanks for at least waiting until my kid was in bed, though. I really am not quite ready to have *that* conversation with him.

3 comments:

Fireclaw said...

Love it. So true especially #3.

Anonymous said...

Re #3: Welcome to my world! :-) I hope Miriam never realizes what's going on next door...

Misslisslee said...

Fun times! The good news is that this has yet to happen to us on Cub Scout camping trips. The bad news is, it's happened on lots of other ones.