Monday, September 8, 2008

the car saga concludes (we hope)

So Mike flew to Phoenix Friday after work. Saturday he and the master negotiator found a 2001 Accord for me - black with a cream leather interior. It's the same year as the Taurus we're replacing, but fewer miles and (we hope) no problems. Then on Sunday they managed to find a 2000 Ford Escape for Mike. Yeah - a camping vehicle! It's got 4 wheel drive and a roof rack for when I overpack. ;-) Mike drove the Accord home last night. I haven't driven it yet because the place he bought it from only gave him a 3 day temproary tag. I've never heard of such. Whatever, that just meant that he *had* to go get it titled & tagged today. Now we just have to figure out when we're going to get back to Phoenix to pick up the Escape. Hopefully before the next camping trip, which is sooner than sane people might expect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tish,I am sitting here "peeing in my pants" reading you last few blogs. I never look at these blogs, but yours is soooo worth reading. Seriously, I can so relate to you and the whole car thing. We have put thousands of dollars in our van, because I am married to Dave Ramsey (the Financial Peace guy). WE too are a house hold never to buy a new car. I feel like I have already driven my car until the wheels fall off. Darrin says it's still cheeper than getting a new one. I know this but, it's getting to be embarrising for Rose (13) to be seen in. You know we moved to "Prosper" Texas, where 2 out of 5,000 people drive a van! Any way, I could go on forever. And about the vacation with the blonde animal you saw, I think it was the Poloar Bear from Lost!!!! Love ya!