Sunday, April 27, 2008

spring in the desert

One of the things we've enjoyed most about living out here is our little yard. We spend lots of time out there. We eat dinner out on the patio most nights, enjoying an amazing view of the Beaver Dam Mountains and sunsets. Thomas plays out there almost every day. Yes, we had much more space in Georgia, but we just never really enjoyed it much. Might have to do with the fact that much of the 1.25 acres were straight uphill or the fact that there was no fenced area for the kid.
Anyway, we have this little patch of grass that takes me *maybe* 20 minutes to mow with an old-school reel mower. Then it's rocks and desert-ish landscaping. Thanks to the wonders of irrigation, this is what our backyard looked like yesterday.






















2 comments:

Sheila said...

Hey girlie girl.

I love the new yard. You have a lot of flowers for someone way out there.

Have you gotten used to the air and the altitude yet?
I hope you say yes. Walton has Colorado Springs on his wish list and the altitude is a big deal on my list.

Now I have to see what else you've been up to.

Misslisslee said...

Hey, lady -- lovely view. I've pretty much managed to kill my roses with massive amounts of neglect, but your landscaping is gorgeous! Eating outside every evening is sounding nice, especially coming from the height of pollen season.