Sunday, April 27, 2008

about us

Okay, probably no one who doesn't already know us will ever read this thing, but just in case . . .

me - I'm a homeschooling mom to one kiddo. I love reading, scrapbooking & cooking. I was born & raised in Indiana (thus the 'hoosier'), lived in the South for 15 years and am currently living in Utah (thus the 'hive'). I'm addicted to reality television - Project Runway and Top Chef are my reality favorites. Lost is by far my favorite show -- best stuff on TV -- I love all the mysteries, pondering & theorizing. So much so that I listen to two show podcasts: http://www.lostcasts.com & http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=podcast Rachael Ray annoys the heck out of me, but many of her recipes have become staples in our household. I love Anthony Bourdain (the guy from No Reservations).

Mike - We've been married for almost 16 years & I have to say, he's pretty awesome. Geeky, but awesome. He's an engineer for a textile company, a hard worker, a good provider & a great dad. He likes to hike & backpack, so he's loving it out here. He's into Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica (new SciFi channel series) . . . so a shout out to all the sci fi geeks out there.

Thomas -- 6 years old, funny & bright. Into lego, playmobile & Star Wars. He's more like Mike in appearance & interests - but a lot like me in temperament. I don't know how my mother did it, because frankly it's sometimes exasperating. But I totally see bits of myself in it; I'm pretty sure I had some of this coming. He's had a lot of health issues over his short little life, but is really making big strides lately, particularly with his eating.

So that's us. We've lived here for 6 months. We'll be here for at least another 18, maybe more. Who knows? We're treating it a bit like an adventure - trying to take full advantage of the opportunity and enjoy it out here as much as possible.

No comments: